ODBC for win95

From: Mark Rostron <oramail_at_mmm.com>
Date: 1997/02/26

Could someone tell me how to configure the connection request issued by microsoft excel/query v7.0 under win95?

we have set up the ODBC oracle client running 1.13.5.0.4 the install test program runs ok and returns 5 rows from user_tables in fairly good time, so the sqlnet part is ok.

when you then try to connect via msquery through sql, the network traffic peaks. Apparently, msquery issues a default query of everything in the user catalog when you connect.

ORACLE reckon that this can be configured, but I dont know how. There is no msquery.ini file, so they use the registry.

The question is : where exactly in the registry do you look?

thanks for your time,
mr

Opinions expressed herein are my own and may not represent those of my employer. Received on Wed Feb 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST