Re: DROP table <some table>;

From: Aram Meguerian <aram_at_unisys.com.br>
Date: 1997/02/15

      If you really want to get the trouble to, try using, for start:

whenever sqlerror exit 1;

declare

   wrk_table_name all_tables.table_name%TYPE; begin

   select table_name
   into wrk_table_name
   from all_tables
   where table_name = 'YOUR_TABLE'
end;

create table your_table ( ... );

exit;

      As you can see it is a lot easier to let Oracle return the    error. Anyway, drop and create aren't statements usually run    by others not your DBA.

--

                     Aram Meguerian
                     aram_at_uninet.com.br

"There's no such a thing as a free lunch in the Universe." Lazarus Long Notebook's, Lazarus Long from Time enough for love, by Robert A. Heinlein
I don't work at Unisys, it is just my Internet Provider, so don't blame it for anything I have just said.