Re: Stored Procedures with PB

From: OfficeLAN User <_at_ccm.fm.intel.com>
Date: 1997/02/06

Hi

I could like to know how can we used the Stored procedure / functions that can be call from Powerbuilder that returns a result set.

I am aware that you cannot have a result set ie.

        select * from <tablename>
as a statement within a procedure or functions.

I am in a process of migrating my back-end application from NT SQL server to ORACLE. I have used stored procedures for all the datawindows which gives a result set.

Also do we need to install any utilities on Server side when we are using Powerbuilder through ODBC drivers provided by Powersoft.

Any pointer will be helpful. Kindly email directly at agulati_at_usa.net.

Thanks
Ashish Received on Thu Feb 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CST