DB2 via Oracle Transparent Gateway

From: Dan MacDonald <dan.macdonald_at_rmail.com>
Date: 1997/02/05

Greetings,

Has anyone tried accessing DB2 tables from PowerBuilder via an Oracle Transparent Gateway?

I am using:

   PowerBuilder 5.02 (16bit)
   Oracle 7.1 Database
   Oracle 7.2 Client (16bit)
   Win95

I can see the DB2 tables if I create views for them on Oracle. I can create a datawindow for the table. I can update the table from the Database Admin window.

I CANNOT update the table from the Database Painter. I CANNOT update the table from a datawindow within an application.

From within the application the message is:

    'Datawindow does not have update capability'

I suspect the problem stems from PB not seeing the INDEX for the table.
(PB does not allow the update of a table which does not have an
(The Properties Dialog for the table does not show an index.)

Any ideas for getting around this would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks - Dan Received on Wed Feb 05 1997 - 00:00:00 CST