Re: DB2 via Oracle Transparent Gateway

From: Dan MacDonald <dan.macdonald_at_rmail.com>
Date: 1997/02/06

The Powers at PowerSoft have shed some light on my problem(s)...

You cannot update DB2 tables via the Database Painter through a view on the oracle gateway. It just cannot be done :(

When building a datawindow that is based on a view, there are a few things that need to happen.
First, the tab orders for the data window are all '0'. This makes it hard to enter any data into the data window. Second, you need to edit the 'Update' properties for the data window and enable the update mode.
When building a datawindow from a table (not a view), these settings seem to be the default.

And they said this stuff was gonna to be easy!!!!