Re: How to Upgrade Oracle 5.1.22 ---> 7.2.x

From: Neil Roberts <neil_at_hinckdev.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/05

In article <855013982.9131_at_dejanews.com>, jude_at_tsi.com.my writes
>How do I upgare from Oracle 5.1.22 to 7.2.x ?
>Is there any upgrade path that I must follow?
>What is the process required to upgare the
>Oracle Forms to bring it up-to-date ?

It is a long time now since I have upgraded from 5.X.XX but I seem to remember that the best so was to install Version 6.XX and set that up with tablespaces users etc as required and them export and import from version 5.X

I do not know if it possible to migrate directlyrom verion 5 to version7 or if you will need to via version 6. Oracle Support may be the best bet for this.

What bersion of forms are you running now under verion 5 ? (2 or 2.3) presumably, and what version do you intend to run ? (4.5? and if so GUI or Character? ) Again, I am not sure if you have to migrate via forms 3, or whether forms 4.5 will open a forms 2.x form. In my experience, moving to GUI will require significant modifications to the forms.

--
Neil Roberts