Re: ORACLE Application Object Library

From: Mike Proctor <mp_at_mg-tc.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/30

In article <32dde54b.2871048_at_news.pingnet.ch>, Henri Lejeune <lejeune_at_ping.ch> writes
>On 14 Jan 1997 16:39:39 +0100, Hans Kristian Ruud <hkr_at_ifi.uio.no>
>wrote:
>
>>According to Oracle Application Object Library standards,
>>any table containing "updateable" data should contain the
>>following columns:
>>
>>LAST_UPDATED_BY Standard Who-column
>>LAST_UPDATE_DATE Standard Who-column
>>LAST_UPDATED_LOGIN Standard Who-column
>>CREATION_DATE Standard Who-column
>>CREATED_BY Standard Who-column
>>REQUEST_ID Concurrent program Who-column
>>PROGRAM_APPLICATION_ID Concurrent program Who-column
>>PROGRAM_ID Concurrent program Who-column
>>PROGRAM_UPDATE_DATE Concurrent program Who-column
>>
>>I am involved in writing some procedures for updating one such table.
>>
>>Specifically, I would like to know what values to use for the last four
>>
>>columns when creating a new row.

>>- hans kristian -
>>

>If you are using Forms 4.5 to handle you're update use the trigger
>(post and after update) to handle the information in the first 5
>fields.
>If you are using programms updating the tables running via the
>concurrent managers there triggers will take care of the last 4
>fields.
>
>Back to you're irignal question
>If you're update directly via forms ( or at least not via the
>concurrent manager) don't put any information inthere.
Unless of course the forms you are using are part of an application, registered as part of, or being used in conjunction with, one of the Finacials Application modules?
This, according to my understanding (please double check this), should/may also include (registered) custom applications.

>regards Henri
>Henri Lejeune Application Consultant
>SQL Consult AG
>St. Jakobstrasse 56 Privat Mail : lejeune_at_ping.ch
>4147 Aesch Business Mail : hlejeune_at_sqlconsult.ch
>Switzerland Business Phone: +41 (0)61 7569892
>http://www.sqlconsult.ch/ Mobile Phone : +41 (0)79 4148990

Mike Proctor                    Database Consultants International (UK)

Mike_Proctor_at_realworld.com      Oracle vision.
                                Only Oracle.
                                All the time.