Re: ORACLE Application Object Library

From: Henri Lejeune <lejeune_at_ping.ch>
Date: 1997/01/16

On 14 Jan 1997 16:39:39 +0100, Hans Kristian Ruud <hkr_at_ifi.uio.no> wrote:

>According to Oracle Application Object Library standards,
>any table containing "updateable" data should contain the
>following columns:
>
>LAST_UPDATED_BY Standard Who-column
>LAST_UPDATE_DATE Standard Who-column
>LAST_UPDATED_LOGIN Standard Who-column
>CREATION_DATE Standard Who-column
>CREATED_BY Standard Who-column
>REQUEST_ID Concurrent program Who-column
>PROGRAM_APPLICATION_ID Concurrent program Who-column
>PROGRAM_ID Concurrent program Who-column
>PROGRAM_UPDATE_DATE Concurrent program Who-column
>
>I am involved in writing some procedures for updating one such table.
>
>Specifically, I would like to know what values to use for the last four
>
>columns when creating a new row.

>- hans kristian -

If you are using Forms 4.5 to handle you're update use the trigger (post and after update) to handle the information in the first 5 fields.
If you are using programms updating the tables running via the concurrent managers there triggers will take care of the last 4 fields.

Back to you're irignal question
If you're update directly via forms ( or at least not via the concurrent manager) don't put any information inthere.

regards Henri

Henri Lejeune                  Application Consultant
SQL Consult AG
St. Jakobstrasse 56            Privat Mail   : lejeune_at_ping.ch
4147 Aesch                     Business Mail : hlejeune_at_sqlconsult.ch
Switzerland                    Business Phone: +41 (0)61 7569892
http://www.sqlconsult.ch/      Mobile Phone  : +41 (0)79 4148990