Re: Newbe question: client library?

From: Mike Proctor <mp_at_mg-tc.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/01/25

In article <32E40A79.2749_at_az05.bull.com>, Gary Saunders <g.saunders_at_az05.bull.com> writes
>Gary Saunders wrote:
>>
>> Is there a set of api functions or a client library or a programmatic
>> interface etc... that enables a client program to do a bulk load
>> (sqlload)?
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Gary
>That is on Oracle 7 NT 4.0!

If your not using Personal Oracle, which I assume your not (It has just such an interface tagged on), then Oracle 7.1 - 7.2 Server for NT ships with Administration tools, that include a similar graphical interface for SQL*Loader. These tools are loaded into (by default) the \ORAWIN directory rather than the \ORANT directory. If you have Oracle Enterprise Manager (Oracle 7.3.x) then you can use the Data Manager.

Also you can run SQL*Loader from an Oracle Forms4.5 trigger/procedure using the Forms 'host' procedure (much as you would from SQL*Plus), this option would allow you to build your own interface if you *really* wanted to.
Nuff choices?

--
Mike Proctor                    Database Consultants International (UK)

Mike_Proctor_at_realworld.com      Oracle vision.
                                Only Oracle.
                                All the time.