Re: online documentation

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/01/04

Kevin S D O'Bryan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Oracle is being used for a database class here at the UMN and some of the
> students will want to explore the online documentation in text mode
> through a dial-up connection. Most of these students will be doing this
> through telnet sessions run from their Macintosh or PC home computers.
> The problem we are having is as follows:
>
> When you are using oradoc from a telnet session on
> a Macintosh or a IBM comp. you cannot access the menus. This basically
> means that you cannot study the documentation from home or any labs that
> do not have xterms.
>
> You are supposed to be able to use the 0 on the numeric key pad to
> activate the menus. I also found in one of the manuals that you can use
> ESC+1 to activate them. Unfortunately, neither of these work.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
>
> Kevin S D O'Bryan
> obryan_at_cs.umn.edu

Use a better vt100 emaulation. I am not sure about the telnet you are using on the Mac but the Microsoft telnet that comes with Windows sucks and is not very compatible with vt100 to say the least. I personally use Ewan that I got off of http://www.winsite.com and that seems to work pretty well. I do know that the Keypad numbers are emulated properly so I can get into menus. Received on Sat Jan 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST