online documentation

From: Kevin S D O'Bryan <obryan_at_twain.cs.umn.edu>
Date: 1997/01/03

Hello,

Oracle is being used for a database class here at the UMN and some of the students will want to explore the online documentation in text mode through a dial-up connection. Most of these students will be doing this through telnet sessions run from their Macintosh or PC home computers. The problem we are having is as follows:

When you are using oradoc from a telnet session on a Macintosh or a IBM comp. you cannot access the menus. This basically means that you cannot study the documentation from home or any labs that do not have xterms.

You are supposed to be able to use the 0 on the numeric key pad to activate the menus. I also found in one of the manuals that you can use ESC+1 to activate them. Unfortunately, neither of these work.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Kevin S D O'Bryan
obryan_at_cs.umn.edu Received on Fri Jan 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST