Re: Problem connecting to Oracle 7.3

From: Paul Andrew Hosking <phosking_at_atlantis.actrix.gen.nz>
Date: 1996/12/27

In article <32bef9ad.679912_at_news.gte.net>, Bruce Armstrong <barmstro_at_mail.gte.net> wrote:
> phosking_at_atlantis.actrix.gen.nz (Paul Andrew Hosking) wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately, once I compiled an executable version of my
> >application, I discovered that it would not connect to Oracle
> >regardless of how many times I tried to log in. This happens with
> >both machine code and p-code executables.
>
> What particular error message do you get from the runtime version of
> your application?

Good question--the framework that I'm using only outputs a generic error message, so I was assuming that it was the same error that I was seeing when I was running the application in debug mode from within Powerbuilder. However, when I put a messagebox in the code to display the specific error code, it turned out to be a completely different problem--the "DBMS ... not supported in your current application" error. I checked the path, and whoever installed Powerbuilder on the PC had not set it up correctly, so it couldn't find the database drivers. Correcting the path fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help...

Cheers,
Paul.

--