Re: Problem connecting to Oracle 7.3

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1996/12/24

Paul Andrew Hosking wrote:

> I have been having problems connecting to Oracle 7.3 from
> Powerbuilder. When I try to run my application in development mode, I
> usually get a SQL*Net error (TNS-12637:Packet receive failed).
> However, if I attempt to connect to the database again immediately
> after I get the error message (I simply retype the password in my
> application's login window and press "OK" again), I connect without
> any problems.

> It seems as though it is a Powerbuilder problem as opposed to an
> Oracle problem, as Oracle applications such as SQL*Plus connect to the
> database without any problems.

  I have similar problems with SQL*Forms 3.0 and SQL*ReportWriter 1.1 previously. I suspect it is due to dispatchers overloading or the number of shared servers has been reached.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San
Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841