Long Raw to / from file

From: R. Alan Popiel <alan_at_ast.lmco.com>
Date: 1996/12/24

I would like to store an Excel workbook file in a long raw column within an Oracle table. I have checked in several of the Oracle manuals, but the references to long raw data type are very few and not very informative. They do refer to storing sound and image information in a long raw, so I suppose a spreadsheet could be stored as well.

However, none of the manuals gave syntax for inserting the contents of a file into a long raw or for selecting the long raw into a file.

Does anyone know the syntax for moving file info to / from long raw data items?

Thanks,
Alan

Regards,
Alan

| R. Alan Popiel | Internet: alan_at_den.mmc.com |
| Lockheed Martin, SLS | Voice: 303-977-9998 |
| P.O. Box 179, M/S 3810 | Standard disclaimers apply. Cutesy ones, too. |
| Denver, CO 80201-0179 USA | Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. |