Re: kicked out of sqlplus

From: AWILSON <awilson_at_rci.rogers.com>
Date: 1996/12/20

Brian Doyle wrote:

> I am using Oracle 7.3, sqlplus 3.1.3.7.1 on IRIX 5.3 and get kicked out of sqlplus when I issue a select statement. The select statement retrieves 6 fields from 850 records with 2 joins. However, when I add and order by statement to the query it kicks me out of sqlplus and to the prompt. When I only retrieve 3 fields or when I only had 700 records it did not kick me out. For some reason there appears to be a limit of retrieving. I've increased my temp space to 10M and still no luck. If any
> ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
> --
>

> Brian Doyle
> email: brian_at_coe.missouri.edu
> http://www.coe.missouri.edu/~brian

It may be that you have a CPU or other limit set at the OS level? If Oracle had a limit on rows retrieved, It should return you to the SQL> prompt. Does it give you any other messages?

The above reflect my personal views and in no way are connected with whomsoever I may be working for at this particular point in time.
Alan Wilson                              Help fight continental drift.