MSAccess 2.0 attach table using 16-bit ODBC?

From: Paul F Smith <smithpf_at_cs.purdue.edu>
Date: 1996/12/19

I'm using Windows 3.11, MS-Office Pro 4.3, 16-bit ODBC 1.16 (downloaded 12/19/96 from www.oracle.com) to connect to an Oracle Server v7.3 which is running on Win/NT 3.51 using SQL Net 2.3.

Excel can get data from the server w/o any trouble, so I know that ODBC, SQL Net, and the server are setup just fine.

But, Access 2.0 seems to have a problem... I go to attach a table from the server, I get the login dialog, I type in the ID and password and Access hangs with an hourglass mouse.

Any ideas what is wrong here?

It seems to me that if Excel can do this Access should work.

I've checked the MS Knowledge base for Access 2.0 known bugs but didn't find anything.

Thanks for your help,
-Paul

--
Webmaster, Purdue University Placement Service
  paul@ups.purdue.edu, http://www.ups.purdue.edu