How to find size of code and LONG fields?

From: Simon Goland <sg_at_mda.ca>
Date: 1996/12/18

I am trying to estimate the size of all the "manually" written code, such as triggers, packages, constraints, procedures, package body, and functions.

I found the size of procedure, function, and package code in dba_object_size, columns 'source_size' and 'error_size'. Is that the actual size of the code in bytes?

For triggers and constraints, I looked at dba_triggers and dba_constraints. The problem is that the columns there are of type LONG - how do I find the actual size of what is in these columns?

And if you have any other idea...

Thanks,

--

[ Simon Goland sg_at_mda.ca ]