Volatile primary keys (was: A_SAVERECORD won't save :-()

From: Martin Schroeder <ms_at_dream.hb.north.de>
Date: 1996/12/18

Hello,
today I know more about the problem. :-}

We use Access to update attached Oracle tables. The primary keys for these tables are generated via triggers.

When we try to save a record with the _same_ values as an already existing one (without the primary key of course) Oracle works fine; but Access simply shows #DELETED in every field and says that the record has been deleted by another user. When we look again (e.g. close the table and open it again) the record is there...

This only happen when the new record has the _same_ values as an already existing one... %-(

Anybody have a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

        Martin

P.S.: F'up!

--
               Martin Schr"oder, MS_at_Dream.HB.North.DE
The juvenile .sig squirter wanders through the net searching for a