Re: oraperl

From: Patrick Phelan <pphelan_at_attila.stevens-tech.edu>
Date: 1996/11/04

Terry Dixon (tdixon_at_rochgrp.com) wrote:
: I am not using DBD::Oracle, since it is still in beta.
: I am trying compile oraperl with Oracle 7.3.2, on Solaris 2.5 x86.
: The oraperl Makefile requires the files "libocic.a", and "libora.a",
: which are nowhere to be found in the Oracle directories.
: My Oracle/Solaris Sys-Admin person cannot find or create these files for
: me.
: I went from Perl 5 back to Perl 4, to make a better marry with oraperl.

oraperl doesn't work with 5

: I have been trying to figure out a way to substitute other files, with no
: luck so far.

In general, that is not a safe activity.

: I would really appreciate any suggestions/solutions, as I am relatively
: new to Perl and Oracle.

Use the DBD. It works fine. (For me at least;)

--
Rev. Patrick Phelan http://attila.stevens-tech.edu/~pphelan/
Lord God of alt.pub.cafe-bob	      '}' A Macintosh smiley