Newbie question about BIGINT and INT in the same table

From: ^Bart <gabriele1NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 19:16:18 +0200

[Quoted] Hello guys!

I know, it's a nebwie question and I'd like to say sorry before write it! :)

I created a table like this:

CREATE TABLE users
(
id_user BIGINT(20) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, name VARCHAR(25),
surname VARCHAR(25),
FK_id_city INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
INDEX (FK_id_city),
FOREIGN KEY (FK_id_city) REFERENCES cities (id_city) )
ENGINE=INNODB; When I think to a database I think it's like a excel/calc sheet but I don't understand how I can have the column BIGINT where I can insert data till 100 and INT column where I can insert data till 60 (I know differences between BIGINT and INT it's not what I wrote but it's just and example!)

If I insert data over 60 could I have an issue? Should I have eveything INT or BINGINT?

^Bart Received on Sat Oct 26 2019 - 19:16:18 CEST

Original text of this message