Re: Index

From: Lew Pitcher <lew.pitcher_at_digitalfreehold.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 17:38:26 -0400

mmmmvh_at_gmail.com wrote:

> Good evening.
>
> This query
>
> select * from table where name = "Erick" and month = "10"
>
> Is it faster if I have an index to name and another index to month?

Standard DBA answer "It depends."

> Is it more convenient to have a single index (name, month)?

Standard DBA answer "It depends."

> Thanks.

How is the table structured? Please show us the DDL. How is the table used?
For the <<name>> and <<month>> columns, are the contents unique (any specific value for <<name>> will be unique to one row, any specific value for <<month>> will be unique to one row)? Are there any other unique columns?

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"