Re: Database about food recipes

From: ^Bart <gabriele1NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 18:51:57 +0200

[Quoted] Thank you for your quick reply! :)

> Link to the "mainlangtable" and skip the "alllangtable", when someone
> adds something in dutch and it's not in the "mainlangtable", you add the
> dutch word to the table, notify that the dutch word has to be translated
> (better to have a flag, bit, to tell if a word ain't translated to
> english), of course place the dutch word in the the "alllangtable".

[Quoted] So, in mainlangtable I'll store just english ingredients, in alllantgtable all translations (linked to the mainlangtable) and in recipetable I'll have just the link to the mainlangtable right?

I thought to add a user table where the user will set his own language so when he'll add a recipe will read ingredients in his language but the recipe will be "really" stored with english ingredients!

> Just a question, each recipe will just have one ingredient?

No, each recipe can have more than one ingredient!

> You may want to have a table with the recipe name and id, one table with
> the translations to different languages and then have your recipe table
> with id, id_mainlangtable.

Is it like what I wrote above?

> I do suggest that you use unique id names, instead of having an id in
> each table, you use a unique name like ingredient_id for your
> "mainlangtable" and then you use that name in each table you use it as a
> foreign key, this will help you a lot when you write your joins, easier
> to pair columns in the tables.

Ok, thanks! :)

Regards.
^Bart Received on Sun Jun 16 2019 - 18:51:57 CEST

Original text of this message