Re: adding databases from folder copies

From: Axel Schwenke <axel.schwenke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2018 22:00:54 +0200

On 20.05.2018 15:40, fugee279_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I have some data in backups of folders, a bunch of innodb databases and their ibdata1 file I only need to recover 2 of the databases If I leave the ibdata1 file as is will the server start if most of the databases contained in ibdata1 are no longer on the hard drive?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.

But: InnoDB will *not* start if the global table space file (ibdata1) or redo log files (ib_logfile*) are missing or corrupt or have been tampered with.

InnoDB /might/ start when table space files for individual tables ($database/$table.ibd) are missing. But only if it was cleanly shutdown. If InnoDB has to recover and during the recovery process hits such a table with missing table space, it will most probably crash. You can however prevent InnoDB from starting a recovery process at all. See https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html

HTH, XL Received on Sun May 20 2018 - 22:00:54 CEST

Original text of this message