Re: Tracking privileges in MySQL 5.6

From: J.O. Aho <user_at_example.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 07:03:15 +0200

[Quoted] On 05/01/18 23:38, Lyle H. Gray wrote:
> Does anyone have a method of retrieving a log of who has changed privileges
> for a given login to a MySQL 5.6 database server? I know how to determine
> what privileges a login has (SHOW GRANTS FOR <loginname>;), but I'm looking
> for who might have changed those GRANTs for a particular user.

[Quoted] [Quoted] You would need the audit plugin, which means you need the enterprise version of MySQL.
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/audit-log.html

A poor man's solution would be looking at all the .mysql_history files on the system to see who has done what, but those a user can edit.

--

 //Aho