Re: Finding the max value in a SECOND column

From: Axel Schwenke <axel.schwenke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 17:47:39 +0200

On 02.06.2017 15:29, bit-naughty_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 1:14:07 AM UTC+5:30, Axel Schwenke wrote:
>

>> By using GROUP BY and the MAX() aggregate function. Buy a text book on SQL.

> Already have one.

Really? Then it's time for the next step: read it!

> Can you be a bit clearer

I could, but I won't. This is *very* basic SQL and you *must* know that by heart. If you don't, then you know no SQL at all.

> What would the GROUP BY be for?

Look: a book typically has an index. The pages at the end, with alphabetically ordered catchwords. Lookup "GROUP BY" there and then read.

I mean, I even gave you the catchword to look for, so you won't have to read the complete book. What else do you expect? Received on Fri Jun 02 2017 - 17:47:39 CEST

Original text of this message