Re: Importo mysql.user from 5.0 to 5.7

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 07:58:17 -0400

On 5/19/2017 3:51 AM, Danilo Giuliani wrote:
> Hi, I have to import users from a mysql database 5.0 to 5.7. Some idea?
> Thank you
>
> Danilo

Not as easy as TNP suggests. This is not supported directly - only upgrading from 5.x to 5.x+1 is. See
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/upgrading.html.

The "right" way to do this would be to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1, 5.1 to 5.2, etc. and run mysql_upgrade after each. A long, involved process, for sure.

The only other safe way would be to look at the changes at each release and see if anything affects your data. Not having looked at it myself, I don't know for sure.

With that all said - you *might* get buy with dumping all databases with mysqldump and loading them into the new database (preferably on a different system), then running mysql_upgrade. It may or may not work, and as I indicated above, is not officially supported. But personally, I would try it. You might get lucky.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address