Re: InnoDB: Cannot allocate 18446744073709540680 bytes of memory after 60 retries over 60 seconds.

From: Axel Schwenke <axel.schwenke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 11:56:52 +0100

On 01.02.2017 10:19, djburbridge_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Just tried starting my mysql server (on localhost) this morning, and got the error above.
> Any idea what I should be looking for?

InnoDB could not allocate memory. The biggest chunk that InnoDB allocates at startup is the buffer pool (innodb_buffer_pool_size in my.ini)

> In the detail below, I note that InnoDB is trying to allocate something like 16.8TB of
> memory - something that's highly likely to fail given that I've only got
4GB of RAM and
> 3GB of free disk space. How is this value calculated?

That number is bogus. It's 2^64 - 10936. Looks like -10936 was interpreted as an 64 bit unsigned number. This might be the problem itself. Or not.

What MySQL version is this? Are you upgrading from an old one? Which? What is in your my.ini?

[Quoted] Keep in mind that some MySQL packages might install a new my.ini. Also that new MySQL versions can have new defaults. I.e. the buffer pool size default was increased just recently.

I suggest you set the innodb buffer pools size to some reasonable value in my.ini; i.e. 1GB. If you had set the size of the InnoDB redo log (innodb_log_file_size) before, you must retain this setting. Same goes for the size set in innodb_data_file_path Received on Wed Feb 01 2017 - 11:56:52 CET

Original text of this message