creating view with user variable

From: David <david.greenhall_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 09:50:42 -0800 (PST)

[Quoted] Hi guys,

[Quoted] Can anyone tell me if its possible to create a view with a where clause linking to a variable which is passed by the user.

Something like:
CREATE VIEW test As
 SELECT * FROM userAccount
 LEFT JOIN userDetails On userAccount.ID = userDetails.UID  WHERE userAccount.ID = {variable}

Then in the user accesible pages, it would be called by

SELECT * FROM test WHERE (but here is where I get stuck)

I have found a few articles knocking around which suggest creating a function and then calling the function by the user instead of calling the view , but all examples I tried this always through up errors.

Would be most grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Dave. Received on Mon Jan 23 2017 - 18:50:42 CET

Original text of this message