Re: Running out of disk space

From: J.O. Aho <user_at_example.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 23:18:09 +0200

On 10/14/2016 10:07 PM, bit-naughty_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> If my server hard disk becomes full, is there a way to stretch out the MySQL DB over multiple hard drives? What needs to be done?

[Quoted] Sure, there are different ways, not all of them are good.

  1. Partitioning http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/partitioning.html
  2. Move databases to different location and symlink the database to the default place [Quoted]
  3. Move the whole mysql directory to the new device and update configuration so it uses the new location.

Up to you to pick what you want to use, I would at least avoid #2 unless there is no other way.

--

 //Aho