Re: Does a blank field take up disk space?

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 15:24:07 -0400

On 7/31/2016 10:32 AM, bit-naughty_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>> The real question here is - does it really matter?  Unless you're
>> talking hundreds of millions of rows, there are more critical concerns
>> than the amount of disk space required.
>>

> Actually, for what I'm planning, YES, it might WELL take hundreds of millions of rows, otherwise I wouldn't have asked! ....Jesus, if you don't know, better to STFU instead of giving plain WRONG advice, isn't it???

And what are you doing that has "hundreds of millions of rows"? I have yet to see anyone who is planning that to even get to hundreds of thousands of rows.

Very few database in the world are that big. And virtually none of them use MySQL. They use commercial databases instead.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address