Re: Getting only the column names

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 09:51:58 -0400

On 7/30/2016 3:55 AM, bit-naughty_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 7:55:04 AM UTC+5:30, Gordon Burditt wrote:

>> Also, using the PHP function mysql_fetch_assoc, it will put the
>> column names as the keys in an array.  You are free to use these
>> names and ignore the associated data.

> Sorry - I'm getting a little confused - what associated data? What will the SELECT query be? Could I ask you to post some code to illustrate what you mean? :) (yes, I'll be using PHP, btw! :) )

Look in the PHP documentation - there are some good examples on how to use it (note that mysql_xxx functions have been deprecated and replaced by mysqli_xxx functions).

The SELECT query would be any valid query. The PHP code would be better being discussed in comp.lang.php.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address