Re: Is there any way to check for a field with nothing in it?

From: The Natural Philosopher <tnp_at_invalid.invalid>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:41:45 +0100

On 29/07/16 15:25, bit-naughty_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> If I insert a new line, and put nothing into a particular field, what is its value?
Depends if you have set a default value.

Is that what NULL is?

It may well end up NULL if that is the default.

  (like, there's simply 0 bytes allocated for its space?)

No.

> How does one check for a NULL field,

ISNULL(field)

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/comparison-operators.html#function_isnull

[Quoted] [Quoted]   or ALL NULL fields in a particular line in a table?

I'll leave that for you to work out.