Silent mode 5.5 vs 5.7

From: <os.nikit.os_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 06:13:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.
I have 2 servers, with different versions of mysql - 5.7.12 and 5.5.49, i'm using silent mode (-s) for some shell scripts, on 5.7 version first row in response is query string, like this:

mysql> show databases;
show databases;
Database
information_schema
mysql
performance_schema

But on 5.5 version there is no query string:

mysql> show databases;
Database
information_schema
mysql
performance_schema

I need to know from which exact version was that behevior changed, but i can't find this change in changelog on dev.mysql.com . Or maybe it is not relevent with version, but with some server settings.

I'll be grateful for any tips, thanks!

Sorry for my terrible english =) Received on Tue May 17 2016 - 15:13:16 CEST

Original text of this message