Re: Decrypt dump

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 08:18:35 -0400

On 10/6/2015 1:41 AM, Ayoub Kakande wrote:
> Hi,
> I store data in mysql while it is encrypted, I automatically back up my data daily
> I have the pem key in a notepad file to the encrypted data.
> I have a cron job and I want to decrypt the data as I back it up, so that I make edits then store it back as an enctpted dumb.
> Any help will be much appreciated as I am stuck.
>
> Thanks

You won't be able to do it with any of the utilities out there. You'll have to write a script to fetch each row, decrypt it, make the changes, encrypt the data then write it to a file.

Alternatively, after re-encrypting the data, write it to a new database with the same tables as the old one (but no generated columns) then back up the new database and delete it.

--
Remove the "x" from my email address