Re: MySQL NDB Cluster Backup Issue.

From: Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 09:46:58 -0400

On 5/29/2015 1:50 AM, Pinal Shah wrote:
> [...]

>> As for your problem with backing up from the management node - I've
>> never seen this, but then I don't back up from the management node.  The
>> only similar hits I saw in a Google search were from ten years ago, and
>> did not look like your problem.
>>
>> You really need to dig into this more.  Michael is correct in that we
>> can't help you with this in a newsgroup; there are just way too many
>> possibilities.
>>
>> --
>> ==================
>> Remove the "x" from my email address
>> Jerry Stuckle
>> jstucklex_at_attglobal.net
>> ==================

> Hi Jerry,
>
> All nodes on Amazon EC2 (7.5 GB RAM).
>
> Please check my config.ini file.
>

> [tcp default]
> # TCP/IP options:
> # portnumber=2202 # This the default; however, you can use any
> # port that is free for all the hosts in the cluster
> # Note: It is recommended that you do not specify the port
> # number at all and simply allow the default value to be used
> # instead
>
> SendBufferMemory=2M
> ReceiveBufferMemory=2M
>
> [ndbd default]
> NoOfReplicas=2
> #DataMemory=2048M
> DataMemory=4096M
> IndexMemory=768M
> #IndexMemory=512M
>
> MaxNoOfTables=4096
> #MaxNoOfTables=2200
> MaxNoOfTriggers=17200
> #MaxNoOfTriggers=1024
> StringMemory=25
>
> MaxNoOfAttributes=40960
> MaxNoOfOrderedIndexes=4096
> MaxNoOfUniqueHashIndexes=256
> MaxNoOfConcurrentOperations=102400
> MaxNoOfConcurrentTransactions=1024
> MaxNoOfConcurrentScans=500
>
> #ndb-wait-setup=90
>
> #BackupMaxWriteSize=1M
> #BackupDataBufferSize=16M
> #BackupLogBufferSize=4M
> #BackupMemory=16M
>
> BackupMaxWriteSize=2M
> BackupDataBufferSize=64M
> BackupLogBufferSize=64M
> BackupMemory=128M
>
> BackupReportFrequency=10
> MemReportFrequency=30
> LogLevelStartup=15
> LogLevelShutdown=15
> LogLevelNodeRestart=15
> LogLevelCheckpoint=15
> #DiskPageBufferMemory=64M
> DiskPageBufferMemory=256M
> SharedGlobalMemory=128M
> #SharedGlobalMemory=20M
> LongMessageBuffer=32M
> BatchSizePerLocalScan=512
> RedoBuffer=32M
> MaxNoOfExecutionThreads=4
> StopOnError=false
> LockPagesInMainMemory=1
> TimeBetweenEpochsTimeout=32000
> TimeBetweenWatchdogCheckInitial=60000
> TimeBetweenWatchDogCheck=60000
> TransactionDeadlockDetectionTimeout=5000

Pinal, you just don't understand what you're asking.

If I were to come into your shop (and no, I'm not interested - and not selling my services), I would plan on spending several hours looking into your system. Maybe 5 minutes of that would be spent on your config.ini file.

There are dozens of things which can cause your mysqldump to run slowly.  I can't even start to guess what could be causing your problem with the START BACKUP right now.

There are some things which are just outside what a newsgroup can provide. This is one of them.

--