Oracle Data Masking Pack - script generation

From: DOUG KUSHNER <dougk5_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 11:17:02 -0700 (MST)

Hoping that someone here is familiar with this OEM pack. We have been using it successfully for several years, but since our target databases have been patched to 19.22 there are issues. The main issue is malformed CREATE INDEX statements in the generated script, but only for function-based indexes. The FBI columns in the generated statements are empty identifiers ("").

So my questions:

  • When a script is generated, where is it stored? Is it in OEM somewhere? The script doesn't get copied to $ORACLE_HOME/dbs of the target database until the run job is scheduled.
  • Can I fix a script residing in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs, then manually run it to resume the masking process? Will it need some sort of wrapper script? I opened a SR, but they often don't seem to gain traction until I have solved the issue myself. I looked at packages in OEM, but couldn't find the code that generates the masking script.

TIA,
Doug