Re: High Availability in the public cloud.

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2024 08:42:43 -0400

On Thu, 2024-04-25 at 08:23 -0400, Rajeev Prabhakar wrote:

https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/features/r/dbfeatures/features?feature_i
> d=1093

Rajeev, you posted a Technet note explaining what redirection is. I know what it is, I used it. My problem is the availability on the cloud. For those who haven't figured it out yet, the very first thing that an Oracle RDBMS does when it starts is to figure out whether it is running on a public cloud or not. If it is, a myriad of features are unavailable, like ADG redirection of DML. That is what interests me: the list of all usual features of the Oracle EE which are not available in the cloud.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database SME