RE: IBM RO and Dataguard

From: <cgrabowy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:22:53 -0400

Hi Douglas,

I apologize. I did not mean to hijack your thread.

I was attempting to send a new email using gmail on my phone and obviously it did not work properly.

Thanks,
Chris

From: Douglas Dunyan <dmdunyan_at_gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 3:32 PM
To: cgrabowy_at_gmail.com
Cc: Oracle List <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: IBM RO and Dataguard

Greetings Chris -

   Sorry, I haven't used IBM RO...but I have used similar products.

  I am just updating here, for reference purposes.

   My OTM import & invalid objects were resolved, mostly with a re-initialization of XDB using the xdbreload.sql post import.

   After reloading XDB, utlrp.sql was able, for the most part, to clean up the remaining. (A close comparison of privileges was also conducted, to ensure everything from SOURCE was successfully propagated to target.)

   Not sure of anyone else, but it often bugs me, when I see someone had the issue I am experiencing, but they didn't take the time to share their solution.

  So future headscratchers, this worked for me ...LOL....

Oh, and on the other topic, thanks to this list's host(s) - If there is a manner in which to share a monetary thank you, and hopefully perpetuate the good works here, please do advise.

Thanks to all and remember to

Have a Great Day !!

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 8:59 AM Chris Grabowy <cgrabowy_at_gmail.com <mailto:cgrabowy_at_gmail.com> > wrote:

Any DBA out there using IBM RO with Oracle Dataguard?

I just have a configuration question or two

TIA   Chris

On Fri, Apr 12, 2024, 12:59 Douglas Dunyan <dmdunyan_at_gmail.com <mailto:dmdunyan_at_gmail.com> > wrote:

Greetings Oracle Deities !

   So I am inheriting an OTM 6.4.2 implementation, and I'm trying to satisfy a request for a new 'TEST' environment.

   After completing scheme level datapump exports/imports of the relevant schemas (GLOGOWNER, GLOGDBA, etc) and importing them, I am facing invalid objects in OTHER schemas - that I would have thought to be unrelated -- and UTLRP won't resolve. Here are the post impdp/utlrp invalid counts...

SYS 159 (mostly types)

XDB 79 MDSYS 10 CTXSYS 11 GLOGOWNER 5 GSMADMIN_INTERAL 1      I'm not finding a lot of details regarding OTM available, and unfortunately, I cannot access any MOS documents, either.

   I am wondering if this type of refresh is even possible. If so, do we need to execute some specific OTM scripts to re-initialize?

   I am hoping to develop a process to refresh PRODUCTION via this manner, Or will we be stuck just building a new environment from scratch, and calling it test ? Then painfully use the application tools to migrate configurations, definitions, and then data...

( I am a DBA guy...an APP guy not so much...)

TIA=Thanks in Advance

HAGD = Have a Great Day !