Re: OT - Thanks To Those Who've Hosted This List

From: richard goulet <rjgoulet_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 11:49:26 -0400

There have been several "owners" of this list over the years or at least it has seemed so.  There have been a lot of discussions and arguments on it as well most of which have been amicably resolved,  Dealing with a product that was and somehow still is at the heart of many a career in IT it's not surprising.   I for one have learned a whole lot over the years from the posts and I hope others have learned from my questions and replies.  I will be forever grateful for the give & take that has been here and the civil manner in which it has taken place.  Would the rest of the world acted in a similar manner we'd not have the global issues we have today.

The list has changed a lot since my first connection to it right along with the changes that have been embraced by IT.  Some of those I do not look back on with such much enmity and others have produced some horror.   I've my doubts about Cloud and AI is a real terror in some of it's present use though it does show promise for amazing advances.  I would refer you to the PBS NOVA program A.I. Revolution.

Now in retirement I will always look upon the members of this list as friends, colleagues, and some of the better people of this world.

Richard J. Goulet, MSgt USAF retired
former Principal DBA for VIcor Corporation, Capgemini, and Parexel International.