Re: Oracle 8i to 19c migration

From: Mark Davidson <wdavidsmc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 13:47:49 -0500

You should decide on a character set in 19c before you import. Running csscan utility against the 8i database should tell you if there will be data or column issues. If there are no issues the. You should be good. Otherwise you may need to correct the issue. But always, always test multiple times before you switch to 19c for production. Doing this saved me hours of after migration work. This was important because I had over 100+ databases to migrate.

Mark