Re: RMAN backup size is almost bigger twice than all of tablespace used size?

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 15:51:49 +0100 (CET)

Hello Quanwen,
I guess you are referring to RMAN's unused block compression feature.

Do you meet all requirements to make unused block compression kick in - see here "8.3.2.1 About Unused Block Compression": https://docs.oracle.com/en/database/oracle/oracle-database/19/bradv/rman-backup-concepts.html#GUID-74FF41AF-D1EE-4DB1-AC0D-56FC83CAA91D

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Independent Oracle performance consultant and researcher Website: www.soocs.de
Twitter: _at_OracleSK