RMAN dup issue

From: Mark Davidson <wdavidsmc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 15:14:41 -0500

Hello,

I'm running on a ODA8-2 bare-metal, Linux 7, RAC, EE 12.1.0.2 (will be upgrading soon).
Over this past summer I migrated +100 DR databases onto this box using RMAN dup.
Now when I run the same process, RMAN hangs:

channel s1: starting datafile backup set restore
channel s1: using network backup set from service //titan0:1521/fowldrt
channel s1: restoring SPFILE

output file name=/u01/app/odaorahome/oracle/product/ 12.1.0.2/dbhome_1/dbs/spfilefowltst.ora

When I look at the auxiliary database alert.log, I see this:

WARNING: unknown state for DB spfile location resource, Return Value: 3

Has anyone ever seen this behavior before? I'm surprise to suddenly see this issue since I've done this multiple times before using the same process.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Mark