Re: Question on encryption use case

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <rprabha01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 05:22:55 -0500

  Lok,

From what I know, for PCI data protection

related compliance there are at least two

 requirements :

  1. protect stored card holder data &
  2. encrypt transmission of cardholder

 data..

As regards “ but we need to encrypt things

 while storing such that it won't be viewable

 by anybody or application users” seems to

 me that you are talking about requirement

 “b” listed above..

 If that’s correct & if you aren’t already using

 it, please incorporate TLS (not SSL) to encrypt

 control and management plane communications.

 Regards,

 Rajeev