Re: Slow Update

From: Juliano Ribeiro <supernoi_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2023 17:24:02 -0300

Hello,

  1. I would start by running dbms_sqltune for that sql_id "1fw8tsdwvmg0g".
  2. Is this a big table "po_line_locations"?
  3. Can you increase the size of the SGA? To help reduce wait time: db file scattered read.
  4. Test create an index for this predicate because this is the part that presents the highest cost for execution:
( "ORG_ID" = TO_NUMBER ( sys_context('multi_org2', 'current_org_id') )
AND nvl("CLOSED_CODE", 'OPEN') <> 'FINALLY CLOSED'
AND nvl("CANCEL_FLAG", 'N') = 'N')

5. If the use of this table is constant, check the buffer availability and test changing the table's buffer_pool to "keep".

Some other things can be done, and these are just a few...

Att.

*Juliano Ribeiro*
http://linkedin.com/in/supernoi <http://br.linkedin.com/in/supernoi>