RE: oracle-l Digest V20 #235

From: Brian Anthony Howshar <BHowshar_at_uwyo.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 20:11:08 +0000

Scott,

I think you need to go to Enterprise Manager and under the Setup tab (the gear wheel) hit the drop down and go to Manage Cloud Control > Agents. On that page you can run the unblock agent, just select the agent you need and click "Unblock". We have Enterprise Manager 13c, with 13.5 agents, but it should be similar.

At least, that's what I've had to do with ours when this occurs.

Brian

Brian A. Howshar
Database Analyst
Enterprise IT Infrastructure & Security
Dept. # 3945, 1000 E. University Ave
Information Technology Center, Room #286 Laramie, WY 82071-2000
(307)766-6470 bhowshar_at_uwyo.edu

To: oracle-l digest users <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: oracle-l Digest V20 #235

◆ This message was sent from a non-UWYO address. Please exercise caution when clicking links or opening attachments from external sources.

oracle-l Digest Tue, 31 Oct 2023 Volume: 20 Issue: 235

In This Issue:

                Enterprise Manager Agent Issue

From: "Scott Canaan" <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org> ("srcdco") Subject: Enterprise Manager Agent Issue
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 13:18:00 +0000

I have a new VM in Red Hat 8 and the EM agent is not communicating with EM. This is Cloud Control 13c Release 4. The agent didn't install properly when the VM was built, so the sysadmin reinstalled it. In EM, it says: Agent has been blocked due to Bounce Counter mismatch. If Agent has been restored from a backup perform an Agent Resync.

When I try to do a resync, I get:

System has detected that this agent never uploaded to the repository successfully. Repository does not have enough information to restore this agent.

On the VM, I tried to upload the agent:

oracle_at_goldprod4:GOLDPROD>export AGENT_HOMEÿracle/app/product/agent/agent_13.4.0.0.0
oracle_at_goldprod4:GOLDPROD>export TNS_ADMINÿar/opt/oracle
oracle_at_goldprod4:GOLDPROD>$AGENT_HOME/bin/emctl config agent addinternaltargets
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Release 4 Copyright (c) 1996, 2020 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. oracle_at_goldprod4:GOLDPROD>$AGENT_HOME/bin/emctl upload agent Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 13c Release 4 Copyright (c) 1996, 2020 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

EMD upload error:full upload has failed: The agent is blocked by the OMS. Agent is out-of-sync with repository. This most likely means that the agent was reinstalled or recovered. Please contact an EM administrator to unblock the agent by performing an agent resync from the console. (AGENT_BLOCKED)

I am not finding anything to fix this. What are the next steps? My gut feeling is to reinstall again, but I don't see how that will help.

Scott Canaan '88
Sr Database Administrator
Information & Technology Services
Finance & Administration
Rochester Institute of Technology
o: (585) 475-7886 | f: (585) 475-7520
srcdco_at_rit.edu<mailto:srcdco_at_rit.edu> | c: (585) 339-8659

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

End of oracle-l Digest V20 #235