Re: How to avoid using the execution plan with parallel on oracle rac 19.13?

From: Lothar Flatz <l.flatz_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 11:52:57 +0200

Hi,

unfortunately there is no attachment in this mail. A query of the v$ views is often one of the most difficult to tune. Statistics are often incorrect, estimates are wrong and there is a tendency by the optimizers to generate inefficient plans. The general strategy is break the query into smaller parts useing WITH ..  /*+ materialize */ to prohibit view merging. Even if you read the best books, you would be still a novice with tuning. Yo would need somebody experienced to help you.

Thanks

Lothar