Re: Dbms scheduler

From: Douglas Dunyan <dmdunyan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2023 10:17:57 -0700

And while there are many tools to actually schedule, RMAN Recovery Catalog is a 'central database' to record the metadata of your backups and their status' regardless of the control or initiator...

The important components are 1) monitoring those backups for failures, and 2) monitoring your Recovery Catalog for database backups that have not been executed at all.