Re: How to choose a database

From: Pap <oracle.developer35_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2023 00:09:03 +0530

Thank you all for the guidance here. These points really helped me to clarify many aspects of the current discussion. I will try to get more details around the requirement and accordingly the points which you guys have suggested like cost and the business problem which would be addressed by this. Need to get involved with the project teams to better understand these problems. And then perhaps we have to start with the databases discussed over here and test the feasibility.

For now, I am only aware that the database requirement was for a financial services project which would be hosted on AWS cloud and one RDBMS for storing and processing live users transaction data(retention upto ~3months and can go ~80TB+ in size, ~500million transaction/day) and another OLAP database for doing reporting/analytics on those and persisting those for longer periods(many years, can go till petabytes).

Thanks Lok, for listing out the features in one place, I was not aware about many of them and putting it side by side really helps in understanding their core properties better. Really appreciate your help on this. Having a yugabyte DB in the same table would have been great but anyway I will try to find out.