RE: rman problem with nfs permission.

From: <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 16:34:50 -0700

If on OS lun instead of ASM, then after shutdown of restored DB you can chown the files to oracle:oinstall on your restore server.

From: pier paolo Bruno <pbrunoster_at_gmail.com> Sent: Friday, March 31, 2023 1:28 PM
To: dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net
Cc: gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: rman problem with nfs permission.

I can't because those are rubrik snapshots and are read only. i would have to copy the backup piece and change them. One solution could be to clone Oracle Home, change the ownership of binary ( there is a procedure on support ), restore instance on those binaries and then change the ownership of datafiles control files redo back, but i was asking if there could be a simple solution because i have the same situation on more than one host. I did not setup the environment and the decision of having different uid gid was taken when the backup were made with a different software (tsm i think but i was working elsewhere at those times )