Re: Google Query Insights ?!

From: kyle Hailey <kylelf_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 16:23:56 -0800

It's the default graph that the query insights dashboard displays.\ The point of showing vCPU is to compare to the CPU (and waits) so if CPU load is at at different scale it is sort of pointless/misleading to show the vCPU at a different scale.
Quite confusing to me.
Was on a call with company who was adding column to a postgres table. Usually it's almost instant. In this case it was running for 24 hours. We looked at Query insights an nothing going on. Looked at pg_stat_activity and could see right away it was waiting on a lock held by vacuum. (both explain the problem and raising some concerns on why vacuum is running so long)